Friday, May 20, 2016

May 16-20, 2016
Tawny R.


This week I returned back to the  main campus of Fanshawe from Cuddy Gardens in Strathroy. Monday was the day we finally finished all the work in bed at "Z" building in preparation for mulching. 

Tuesday, we kicked off the morning with online training on such things like; Respect in the Workplace, Standards of Professionalism, MSDS, WHMIS and other topics related to Fanshawe's employee code of conduct. After finishing all my training I started on the Cheapside entranced bed. After lunch, Scott and Jenn joined me at the bed.



Scott is a power house when it comes to edging and made this bed a beautiful edge, while Jenn and I weeded and pruned out the dead foliage on the yews.

Wednesday (which happened to be the best day of the week) we were in our areas in the morning. R3 or commonly known as Merlin residence is my area. For the most part I finished cleaning the beds of weeds and edged them. I also culturally the indoor plants before heading back to the greenhouse for lunch. After lunch we had training with the sod stripper and the rototiller. 




Yesterday we had Health and Safety training, fuel and fire extinguisher training; all of which are very important. It is designed to help us realize the dangers and potential hazards in our work environment. and how to deal with these situations. In the afternoon myself and two other employees cleaned up the planter in D and A parking lot which took us to the end of the day. 


On Friday I had the amazing chance to do my part in the greenhouse, starting off with checking the whole greenhouse crop for water requirements. From there I moved onto the hanging basket which proved to be a bit of a challenge at the start but I quickly figured out an easy way to do it. 










No comments:

Post a Comment